Friday, June 18, 2010

Rock that Lace



Two posts in one day? Now this is more like it! This is what happens when I go to school and can't update regularly. Haha!

Anyway, on to the outfit then...

Ah, I really do love rocker chic outfits and a monochromatic palette. I lived in colorful clothing the whole summer so it's refreshing, yes refreshing, to be back to my grays and blacks. I just find monochromatic outfits to be so effortlessly stylish. It's like in my grays and black, I feel like I can never go wrong with it. Then again, I like to break off the monotony by wearing a few colorful pieces every once in a while or injecting a jolt of color in an outfit just like this one. Though I'm more inclined to like rock chic/badass outfits, that doesn't mean I don't like other styles. I guess, that's the fun thing about Fashion. I can be what I want to be in my outfits. For me, it's like role-playing. I can be a girly-girl in frilly skirts and dresses, a rocker chick in leather vests and ripped pants, a hippie in long skirts and bell-bottoms, and sometimes a geek in preppy clothes and peter pan collars! And those are a few reasons why I love Fashion so much. It's expression. It gives me the motivation to wake up and go to school. It makes me look forward to another uneventful day. It boosts my confidence. It spruces up my life just as much as it spruces up a blah outfit. *tears* Haha!

Sorry 'bout that. I just felt like Carrie Bradshaw typing away on her laptop. :D

Outfit details:

1.) The Jacket - The jacket was actually my friend's. I borrowed it from her and it wasn't originally ripped. I just DIY'd it because the back got torn when it was laundered. And since I didn't want to return it to her in its torn and damaged state, I asked her permission if I could DIY/rip the back of it. Haha! Tell me, did I save the life of this jacket? Oh I know I did. Haha!

2.) The Studded Cuff - I just bought that cuff for only 200 pesos! I know there are many cuffs out there which cost half its price but then I was in dire need of it already!

3.) The Lace Dress -The lace dress was a gift by my good friend Abbie on my debut. I am forever grateful to her for it. I've already worn this dress in this post actually but I used it as a top. I still have like, ten more outfit ideas for this lovely dress.

4.) The Red Lipstick -The red lipstick is love. Enough said. :)

5.) The Bag - I just use this bag waaay too much. But what am I to do? It's just SO me. :)

Alright, I'mma sleep now you guys. I still have a lot of overdue posts so expect me to blog more often. Hee.

Goodnight my dears!

'Til the next post!
xoxo,
ScarletApril

4 comments:

  1. I love the rips at the back, i was just wishing i could find one like that! Very creative and unique. I really like the monochrome here, it's very effortless and stylish - love the lace too.

    www.fashionjjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did to the jacket! :D awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing what you did to that jacket!!! looks more chic now:) oh and i linked you to my blog!:)

    Pax
    DROWNING EQUILIBRIUMS

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ fashion junkie- thank you dear! if you can't find a jacket like this, i'm sure you can do this too! it's pretty easy, it's not as hard as it looks. :)

    @melissa- thanks babe! glad you love it!:)

    @Aisa- Hi dear! thank you for following, i'll follow back too! oh and thanks for the lovely comment!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...