Monday, June 14, 2010

One of Those Tag Things

Lee of Spunk and Glam tagged me this 8 questions thingy and I couldn't be happier since I've been wanting to answer one of those tag things that are going around in the bloggersphere. Haha! Plus, it's about time you get to know a 'lil bit more about me, don't you think?:)

Here goes...


1.)
What do you do for a living?

I am still a student, a sophomore at De La Salle University-Manila and am very much dependent on my mom. Haha!


2.)
What is your blog name and why?

Though I have already talked about this
here, let me explain it still. Scarlet April is my pseudonym, alter-ego and what I would probably call myself if I was given the chance to pick a name for myself. See, I don't like my name very much. I find it less...interesting. But before you judge, let me just say I haven't gone mad or anything, okay? Haha! I created Scarlet April for artsy fartsy purposes only. As seen on my about me section, I am currently taking another course which is not so much related to fashion and since fashion is my first love(but didn't pursue it), I decided to make this blog which would be the perfect avenue for me to express this affinity of mine. I got the name Scarlet from Nathaniel Hawthorne's book The Scarlet Letter. It's not necessarily my fave book but I liked the meaning and what it symbolized in the book. Plus, my fave color is red. As for the April part, I was supposed to be born on the 1st of April but I was born on Feb 16 instead. Excited baby much? haha!

3.)
Who is your favorite singer/band and why?

I know this may seem like a cheesy and girly choice but I really like Taylor Swift! Haha! Hey, the girl is just so humble, fashionable, and can write her own songs! :D


4.)
What is your favorite restaurant and favorite thing to eat there?

I love Japanese and Italian cuisines so I cannot pick just one. Haha! My fave Jap restos are Oki!Oki! and Tempura in Trinoma. I love their kani salad, CA maki and chicken teriyaki. Yum-o! As for my fave Italian resto, it's Italianis. I can pretty much eat anything there so...no faves. :D

(first photo: Kani salad of Peppersteak; second photo: CA maki & Chicken Teriyaki of Tempura)
5.) What is your favorite item of clothing?

Hmm...this one's tricky. I guess I'll just go with a white button down shirt. 'Tis my no-fail outfit when I'm having one of those lazy days and the I-have-nothing-to-wear-to-school-though-my-closet-is-bursting-full-of-clothes moments. Haha! Just wear an eye-catching pair of shoes/red shoes or swipe some red lipstick on your smackers and you're good to go! :)


6.)
Who is your favorite fashion icon?

Narrowed it down to three. That wouldn't be called cheating, right? Haha! My fashion icons are Ashley Olsen, Taylor Momsen and Karla of
Karla's Closet (though I wanna include Nicole Richie too!). I love them for their effortless style and admire them for having that adventurous streak when it comes to dressing up.


7.)
What is your personal fashion style?

I'd like to think that my personal fashion style has no limitations though I'm more inclined to like rocker chic outfits, monochromatic looks and the style during the 50's or the Old Hollywood era. I don't follow trends that much 'coz by the time I'm finally joining the fashion bandwagon, the current fad is already out of style. Haha! It's not because I'm always late into finding out the latest fads, it's just that it's not easy for me to find a trendy item that will fit me perfectly (boo my thin frame!) and will not rip my pockets empty.


8.)
Where do you usually go for ukay-ukay and bargain shopping?

168 mall! 'Nuff said. :)


So there. Had so much fun answering these questions. But first, here are my own set of questions (though I retained some of them):


1.) What do you do for a living?

2.) What is your blog name and why?

3.) If you could raid one's closet, whose closet would it be and why?

4.) What is your favorite movie?

5.) Who is your style icon?

6.) Why did you start blogging?
7.) Your own fashion style?
8.) Where do you usually shop?


Now, I'm off to tagging 8 people too!:


Melissa of
Confessions of a Self-aholic
Kc and Ysa of
Potent Cocktails
Sybil of
Animated Confessions
Bestie of
Capricious Club
Simone of
Simone's Fashion Closet
KD of
The Girl with The Messy Hair
Karla of
Sweet Serenity

Many thanks to Lee for tagging me! :)

'Til the next post!
xxxx,
ScarletApril

6 comments:

  1. okay ,so i'm tagged,i'm forced to do this:)) sounds fun!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!! thanks for tagging me!! :D will include this in one of my posts this week! :D

    sybil
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey deary! Thanks for tagging me! i am excited to answer this post!:) Thanks again!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. --I like how you came up with your blog name.
    --Red shoes! I have a thing for red shoes :D
    --I love eating in Tempura. Unfortunately I'm allergic to shrimp. Bummer. I havent tried Oki!Oki! Okay ba Cali maki nila?

    Thanks for answering the questions sweety! <3

    Lee {spunkandglam.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey dear! thanks for the tag! i actually answered the questions already :) check it out here...
    http://thegirlwiththemessyhair.blogspot.com/2010/06/interviewed-by-scarlet.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @nicole- haha! you tagged me once before and i never complained! :D
    @sybil- thanks dear! i'm looking forward to reading it!:)
    @denise- answer away! thanks btw!:)
    @lee- aww thanks dear!oh and yes you should def try out oki!oki!...the cali maki's not bad but i like tempura's better. :)
    @KD- wow that was fast! thanks for takin' some time to answer it!:) i'll go check it out then. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...