Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sugarplum Princess

Hi y'all! No outfit post today but I'm going to blog about the gown that I designed for my mom. I'm no fashion design student (well not yet) so please don't hate. :) Yesterday she attended a wedding in Tagaytay where she was a principal sponsor to the couple. The motif of the wedding was violet (with green). Parang eggplant lang haha! but since my mom wanted to standout and be different from the bride's entourage ("I am the ninang after all" she said), we went a shade lighter for her gown and chose plum instead, hence the title.
The woman asked for a long gown...so long gown it was! I envisioned her in this serpentine cut gown that emphasized her womanly curves. And since she likes drama (but bearing in mind that it won't do her good to outshine the mom's bride or the bride herself), I sketched her this bejeweled shoulder pads with shirred tulle. Lady Gaga and bib necklace on the shoulders lang ang peg. Haha! Anyhoo, my mom's always game for anything (and maarte I might add) that she didn't find it difficult to wear the bejeweled shoulder pads with tulle. If anything, she felt youthful pa nga daw. Hahaha!
After she approved of my design, we immediately called for Ate Joy Ruperto who studied at FIP for her sewing assistance. It was the first time we've collaborated and I'm just so glad that I met her 'coz I sure learned a lot from her! Anyway, Ate Joy really did an awesome job on the construction of the gown! Her seams were flawless and the garment fit my mom like a glove. My mom and I couldn't be happier!
This is prolly my fave part of the gown. She didn't even have to wear a statement neckpiece.
And this is what it looks like when laid flat. I'm just elated that Ate Joy was able to get my design. :)
When my mom came home from Tagaytay last night (she was still wearing the gown) and I caught sight of her I just burst into tears! My sister and our household help who saw my reaction just laughed at me. Hahaha! I got really emotional 'coz she looked stunning and sexy in it. Plus, seeing my design materialize/come to reality was really something. It was also the first time that I saw my design (for another person) in real life since I only saw the gowns that I designed for Raiza in pictures. Or maybe I'm just emotional like that? Haha!

So yeah. I'm a happy kid. It's not everyday that I get to design a gown for someone. Hee. I hope to do more of this in the future! Wish me luck everyone! :)

PS. Congrats to us Ate Joy! Hope to work with you again soooooon! :)


XO.

12 comments:

  1. You really have potential, Jossa! I love the design! I wanna wear that, in a nude color! bagay kaya? hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...nude version! Yes that would be lovely in nude din Channie! Thank you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM CURRENTLY TAKING FASHION DESIGN BUT I ALREADY TOOK BS BIOLOGY. =) GREAT DRAWING! MAG-FASHION DESIGN KA NAAAAA! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren! Thank you! Yes, I will take it up once I'm done with college! Wish me luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You draw well Jossa! Good job!
    And your mom is so fasyown like you :)

    YNA

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS IS STUNNING!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!! lOVE THE SHOULDER PADS!
    Chari T (deep fried stilettos)xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome job!!! shes looks great i'm sure she stood out at such a great night!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU YNA, CHARI AND DEREK! SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks.

    My site:
    Rachat de credit rachatdecredit.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Galing! You did and awesome job Jonessa! Lalo pa siguro kapag nag fashion school ka na! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. @anon- Thank you! You can access my FB and twitter on my sidebar.

    @lee- Thank you so much Lee! Salamat sa bilib mo sakin super i appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's what you call TALENT! :) Wont be surprised if I hear your name in the fashion and design industry! :D

    Brietachiquita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...