Friday, December 3, 2010

The Uncanny Valley

Here are the rest of the photos that I took for my photography portfolio!

The Concept/inspiration:

Inspired by Masahiro Mori's theory named the Uncanny Valley, the theory/hypothesis states that "when robots and other facsimiles of humans look and act almost like actual humans, it causes a response of revulsion among human observers".

I first got inspired by this after watching an episode of Criminal Minds 5 which is now my fave episode of the series to date. I was so creeped out after watching the episode that it got me so interested in the theory of Mori as well!
(Creepy right? There was no blood or gruesome-ness involved in the episode but it most definitely sent chills down my spine when me and my sis watched it)

As much as I'd like to name it "Living Doll" or "Life-size Barbie", thought I'd go for a fancier and more intellectual-sounding name hence the title "The Uncanny Valley". Plus, this also serves as a tribute to my fave episode of CM5. :)

Hope you guys liked it! Outfit post coming up on the blog real soon!

Much Love,
ScarletApril xx

7 comments:

  1. amazing photos and love the concept!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thaaaaank you ava! so glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic blog!!!follow you,follow me????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pictures! I remember my Barbie dolls when I was younger. I kinda miss them. Followed this blog btw. I hope you follow back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this reminds me, i don't know where all my Barbie dolls are anymore. :( oh, holding on to childhood!

    anyway, your model is gorgeous! i love her hair! <3

    (also, sorry about previous comment! accidentally copy-pasted what was meant for someone else, haha.)


    boat ride through the sky

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...