Sunday, January 15, 2012

Take a "Bow"

Peter pan doily collar, whimsical bow prints on a vintage style dress, dainty bow belt cinched at the waist, neat french plait at the roots of the hair ending in cute ombre-hued curls...but finishing the look off by wearing modern and architectural-looking heel-less platforms and veering away from more girly shoes like preppy brogues or ballet flats. This was one of my outfits (yes, coz I changed in the afternoon but that's for my next post) yesterday when we paid a visit to our relatives then went to the movies to watch Sherlock Holmes! And I must say, Guy Ritchie  really did a fantastic job directing yet again! To those who don't know, he's Madonna's ex-husband haha! Even before the first movie came out, a lot of people were skeptical about his directing skills but ho ho he proved them all wrong 'coz IMHO it turned out great! I'm very pleased with his treatment of the movie(s): he refrained from modernizing it too much, he portrayed Dr. Watson as the very capable and reliable ally that he truly was to Holmes and did not present him as just a meager side-kick who used to slip on banana skins for comic relief ('coz really, they did not know where to place Watson in the old adaptations), and I liked that the movies stayed true to the book. I loved the overall atmosphere of the film, the costumes and set design, the humor of the two main actors, the cinematography, and the bond that Holmes and Watson shared. Heavy bromance yo! Haha! I cannot wait to get it on DVD!!! 


dress- mom's
shoes- Rajo! for Parisian
satchel- Parisian 
belt- Landmark
accessories- random
XO.

14 comments:

  1. You look so cute!!

    ekatya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Outfit! <3
    Love the shoes :)

    http://tuwentytri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute outfit! i loooove your shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest dress ever! i love the bow overload!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah the outfit is too cute!!

    And SH2! I super love him (and the novels and short stories too!) Buti ka pa napanood mo. No time huhu busy acads :\


    Almira :)
    numbertwohere

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the look Jonessa! And oh em the dress is actually from your mom? NICE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. im loving peter pan collars because of you..haha <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. almira- yes! i couldnt miss it! Sherlock Holmes is my fave detective next to Detective Conan. Haha!

    denise- yes, it's my mom's that's why it's a bit loose on me. hihi

    thanks G, Katya, Lee, mestizay, twentytri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG YOU LOVE DETECTIVE CONAN TOO?! :D :D :D :D Waha I so love the series!!


    Almira :)
    numbertwohere

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ngayon ko lang nabasa yun comment mo sa blog ko haha! Thank you for commenting! Oh, every year I so want to fly to Japan para lang mapanood ko yung movies in cinema wahaha! So cool na may blogger na loves DC too <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look absolutely adorable! :) I love the fact that it's your mom's dress..:) Love the shoes too! :) And thank you for visiting my blog..:D

    Love,
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the black and nude combination!:) And yey you also have the rajo shoes! i have it in purple and grey naman :D stunning look, jonessa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great Jonessa!! Love everything and your hair! Hmm I need to watch Sherlock na it's one of my favorite books of all time. I have a lot of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wedge heel-less : very cute !!

    but what is the brand of these wedge ??

    Karine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...