Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fine Day, Sunday

My, my...how am I going to start this post? Let's see...how about I begin with an explanation for the lack of activity here on the blog? Okay. After coming back from Bicol two weeks ago, I started getting anxious and extremely dejected again. Truth is, I have been feeling down in the dumps for what seemed like an eternity due to a lot of things. It was a sadness so strong and so deep it felt like I was being engulfed by it. Anyway, to cut the long story short, depression has overcome me and I'm trying to make myself feel better. Bit of a shocker, eh? I really tried not to talk about it here because I didn't want to publish emo-ish posts. But yeah. I am currently on leave and undergoing therapy. My family, especially my mom has been nothing but very supportive of me these past couple of days. I can't believe I forgot, even for just one second, that my family is the most precious blessing that I have received from God. They took me shopping (because retail therapy is the best therapy there is! Haha!) and today we went to Trinoma for a family bonding. We watched Breaking Dawn (and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I totally liked it), had lunch at Italianis, went book-browsing at NBS, then accompanied the kids at Timezone. Good food, good company, good books. It was my ideal date. Plus, the mall with its bright, colorful Christmas decors was a sight to be seen that it instantly put me in a happier disposition. I'm glad I didn't hole up again inside the house. Today's the third time I went out and the first time I attempted to look decent (so as to feel a bit merry) after coming back from the province. Hey, I looked like crap the whole week so might as well clean up today right? I hope I don't look too awful in these pictures. I hope you're all having a much better week! :)

PS. To compensate for this sad post, I am going to bombard you with happy photos from today! :)

pullover- from Korea
skirt- 999
booties- Parisian
gold cuff- 999
bead bracelets- Loveeyecandy
bag- Parisian
spike necklace- The Ramp

XO.

13 comments:

  1. Depression is a hard thing to fight but if you have your family and friends, I'm sure you can make it, Jonessa :) Your photos say nothing but happiness. Continue to find great inspirations and happy ones in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Ava. Thank you so much! That's what I'm trying to do---find inspiration in everything and anything!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your head up and stay strong! I'm sure therapy will help a lot, but laughter and being surrounded by good vibes will go a loooong way! :) Everything will turn out well for you, don't worry! ;) Attract good vibes! You're already doing so well already, Jonessa!

    ♥ Cat
    www.sinosicat.com

    PS. Hey! Join my first giveaway! CLICK ME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thank you so much for the sweet comment Cat! I couldn't agree more with what you just said. I do hope everything turns out well for me. Thanks again, i really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jonessa. Sana naaalala mo pa ako. You know what, I've hanging around your blog lately, and I think you and your blog are sooo cool.

    Be fine soon. :)

    Nagpaparamdam,
    Katheryn Fronda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Kath!!! yes i remember you syempre naman! :)) Oh my golly hala namiss ko tuloy bigla yung HS times natin nila Delwin! Anyway, thank you sooo much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonessa, you are much to strong and brave to share what you are going through in your blog. I admire you for that and those things will just pass. It's not permanent and thank goodness for good food and family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chyrel. Thank you! I truly am touched by all of your comments. It's hard to talk about it here without being judged. But I thought, those people who might be going through the same thing must know that being depressed isn't such a shameful thing. I wanted them to know that we can fight it by therapy and of course, accepting the fact they have it in the first place. I do hope they read it and know that they aren't alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi jonessa! I hope you are feeling better by now :) You are not alone, I myself cant even believe that im slowly recovering from this bitter depression. you can do it, love. pray and everything will be better. have faith..

    XX, THE NOMADIC FASHIONISTA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Nomadic Fashionista! Well it's nice to know that you're also doing very well. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon!

    Please join my giveaway if you haven't yet: http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com/2011/11/amazing-accessories-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi to all scarlet-april.blogspot.comers this is my frst post and thought i would say hi -
    regards speak again soon
    garry

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOOO! I LIKE YOUR PULLOVER!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...