Monday, November 7, 2011

Pleated

This is what I call my "electric pleats on electric pleats" look. Haha. I got the top from my mom and the skirt was a thrift find at Quiapo. I got it real cheap for only 40 pesos (1$). It was a no-brainer, I just had to take it home! And it turned out to be one of my luckiest and greatest finds. I loved that it fell just below the knees and provided more coverage for my legs. In turn I felt more comfortable and confident sashaying down the streets and the mall that day. I also loved how it swished when I walked and how it fanned out when I twirled---made me feel a bit giddy inside. As for the top, it was actually tiered but I tucked the second layer inside so it would appear as if it were a cropped top and I think it looked better that way. The cinched waist silhouette, the midi skirt, the peter pan collar and tan brown accents just screamed "vintage girly" and I couldn't help but fantasize that I was on a picnic or was leisurely strolling down cobbled stone steps back in the 50's when I wore this outfit. So to complete my look, I carried a book instead of using a clutch. Haha! Sorry, I was playing out a fantasy here. It was a breezy, comfy and chic outfit---nothing too complicated as I was on vacation. :)

I hope you don't mind that I have two sets of photos here. My mom and I had a hard time finding the right location and lighting in order to come up with stellar pictures. Ah, the downside of indoor-shooting. *shakes head* As you can see, the ones that were taken on the staircase were much sharper and clearer. Yep, all because of the lighting. It's true when they said, that the light is your friend in photography. Just ask Tyra Banks. Remember how she keeps telling her girls (ANTM contestants) to "find the light"? And no, I'm not talking about that kind of "light"---the one that you see when you need to cross over to the "other side". Pft. Haha!

XO.

9 comments:

  1. Nice play of color. I love electric pleats! It's a good travel companion. No ironing needed.

    ~chuchu~

    cloveys-travelogue.blogspot.com
    cloverfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky to buy that skirt in such a low price! I've been looking for one but mahal for such skirt! :) Anyway, great skirt and I love the top! :)) simple and chic! :)

    xx, Channie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style! now following<3

    xxx

    http://fashionitinerary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wanna wear this look! love the sandals, so JC-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pleats and i don't mind the photo overload. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the sweet comments girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi jonessa :)) i just love your clothes and your flats.can i know where did you bought it? :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I bought my flats from Babo in Pop Culture. As for the top, it's my mom's and the skirt was thrifted in Quiapo :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...