Friday, August 3, 2012

Covered Exposed

"So where do you work?" That's prolly the most flattering question that I've been asked by a friend of Mark on the night that I got to meet his posse. Why flattering you ask? Because for someone who felt...well, for lack of a better term, out of place or a stand-out in a crowd of late-twenty-something professionals, I felt that it was a compliment that maybe I looked more mature for my age to them and I couldn't be happier that my outfit that night helped me achieve that. 

When you see floral prints and patterns, you can't help but go the girly/sweet/preppy route. Well, that's what I'd usually go for anyway. But this time I refrained from doing what is expected from me so I styled it in such a way that will exude a quiet maturity and sexiness. This look is an example of balancing out different elements in your outfit. The opposing elements are the flowery blouse contrasted by the studded shoes, dressy top with casual faded denim shorts, and being covered up top but baring my legs. Finished the look off by wearing my studded pumps from Oasap which helped create the illusion of longer legs. 

top- Forever 21
shorts- The Second Shop
bag- Lulu
shoes- c/o Oasap.com
metal choker- H&M
bead bracelets- Love Eyecandy
stud cuff- c/o Bubbles
XO.

12 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! You're pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top! The outfit is so pretty! You look stunning!

    http://thesmallnoble.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love it! ^^ You have a nice blog, mind to follow each other? :)

    BLOG | TWITTER | TUMBLR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang haba ng legs mo dito! Lalo na sa 8th photo! (Binilang ko pa talga :)) haha

    Comfy pumps ng Oasap? :)

    Char
    www.charnina.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha thanks Char! That was my intention talaga. :)

    Yes comfy naman although mahirap ilakad sa hindi smooth na terrain :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shoes :D

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shoes :D

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...