Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The (High)Lighter Side Of Japanese

Every Tuesday and Friday, I meet my boyfriend at Makati after his work and go on dates. Since we have limited time during these days, we usually end up bringing out Hungry Boy and Parched Girl within ourselves and embark on different food expeditions. This time, after months of prodding from me, we finally got to try out Umami Hambaagu House yesterday! Quite an indulgent meal considering our food had foie gras (P650) and truffle (P420) in it and yet they weren't that expensive. Not to mention the meal set offered refillable rice, endamame and shredded cabbage! We couldn't help remarking how sulit it was compared to a certain overhyped Japanese food house we ate in as well. And because I knew we were going Japanese this day, I made sure to be clad in a Japanese-inspired outfit too. Yes, I am cliche and predictable that way. This outfit is bright, colorful, quirky, eccentric and dark at the same time which tried to incorporate all types of Japanese subculture and fashion (ie. harajuku fashion, goth loli, schoolgirl, etc.) in one look. Of course, I had to still make it all come together and avoid looking like a mess by toning things down a bit. Plus, my highlighter neon yellow top was already too loud so I opted to pair it with black and added one more punch of color that came in the form of my flatforms. 

'Til the next Hungry Boy and Parched Girl post!

top- blacksheep
skirt- Forever21
flatforms- Manels
bag- bought online
XO.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!
    Followed you, hope you can check back and follow back?

    http://zanesaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!
    Followed you, hope you can check back and follow back?

    http://zanesaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...