Saturday, February 23, 2013

La Vie En Rose

I've been listening to jazzy music and French songs a lot this February and one of the songs that got me enamored was Edith Piaf's La Vie En Rose. I fell in love with it even though it was sung in French. The foreign yet cadent words somehow resonated with me. I now fully comprehend why they consider it one of the Romance Languages along with Italian and Portuguese---for all I know they could be talking about a murder and it'd still sound beautiful to me. And apparently, not only did this song occupy my thoughts (for I tried memorizing the lyrics and I am proud to brag say that I have succeeded) but it also influenced my sartorial choices then. Don't you agree that this outfit screams vintage Parisian chic? By the way, my purse and skirt were all vintage since the purse was my mom's and the skirt was thrifted, so I guess I really got the "vintage" part right. Haha. 

cropped top- Forever21
skirt- thrifted at Quiapo
shoes- Payless
necklace- Forever21
purse- vintage
XO.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...