Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dainty Sunday

Here's a little fact: I just started hearing mass again (without a miss!) last June. I was a catholic school girl my entire grade school life and was very active as a lector and in the church choir. Then I went to high school in a non-sectarian institution and the indolence that came with adolescence took over and I stopped going to church altogether. My mom was practically rueful that she sent me to a non-catholic high school. But that wasn't it. It wasn't Diliman Prep's fault. I was just a lazy teen who couldn't be bothered to go spend an hour in church. College came and one Philo subject had me thinking and re-evaluating all these things about my religion and I came home every night with impassioned stories and lessons that I'd learned from said class. I had this gleam in my eyes whenever I shared all of these to my mom. To my disappointment, she concluded that my faith was weakening and wavering. At the time, I just knew that it didn't matter what my religion was and the important thing was my faith to God. This notion still holds true to me but I have recently started attending mass again, much to the delight of my mother. And I have Mark to thank for this. But mostly, I am thankful to my Lord for never leaving me. I have battled depression last year and He was there to keep me from losing my mind. Now, I'm still in a difficult place and time but somehow, I feel that I am where I'm supposed to be. That even though the people around me are skeptical and cynical of my decision and the outcome of my decision, I feel that everything is clearer to me. I hated the uncertainty that I felt before even when things were stable. And although my life is practically all over the place right now, I have never been so happy to be finally sure of something! I have taken a lot of detours, encountered dead ends, lost my self-worth and confidence but I know that no matter what, He will always be with me.

Cheers to my tabula rasa! 

blouse- Random
skirt- Sachico
jelly shoes- from Hong Kong
bag- mom's
neon necklace- F21
watch- Swatch
XO.

8 comments:

  1. love the outfit and colors :)

    God is indeed always good!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats girl!let's hear mass together!kaloka ka!hahaha:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ava- Yes, thank you! Always good indeed. :)

    Nicole- haha! sure thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. Love the top and the honesty in this post. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...