Friday, February 17, 2012

Pastels On My Birthday

So this was my birthday outfit on the 16th! Wore something warm since it was raining that day but I managed to stay cool by bearing my legs. As you can see, I was trying to evoke a "mature"/"womanly" charm on these photos since I just turned 20 after all by donning a casual-sophisticated outfit but still keeping the look youthful by choosing individual pieces that were still cute and young like matching purple bow ring and earrings, studded cuffs to balance out the serious-looking wristwatch, heart-printed jumper, pink bodycon skirt, denim polo instead of a crisp white button down and a colorful bag. Just because I said byebye to being a teen doesn't mean I have to grow up overnight, right? Plus, I wanted to wear something that was still "me". 

So on my birthday I spent the first half of my day by listening to 90's music like Spice Girls songs, Lovefool by The Cardigans, Kiss Me, There She goes and Don't Dream It's Over by Sixpence None The Richer, Don't Speak by No Doubt, You Learn and Ironic by Alanis Morisette and even a little Aqua on the side just 'coz I felt like reminiscing and looking back on my childhood. Haha! And maaan, the songs back then were totally more meaningful than the music that we have today (with the exception of a few of course). So yeah, after getting a bit teary from the nostalgia that washed over me (Haha oh damn I guess I'm really getting older), I went to Trinoma to celebrate my 20th over a lovely intimate dinner with my high school besties at California Pizza Kitchen. We had the place all to ourselves so we were able to talk, laugh, eat and camwhore non-stop like we owned the place and that was when I realized that I was finally truly happy and content with my life as of the moment. And that realization was the best gift that I received on my birthday. :)

PS. Would you guys mind if I post some photos from my birthday dinner and some other random things on here? 

heart jumper- from Korea
denim buttondown- 11th of October
bodycon skirt- Sachico
mask ring and studded cuff- c/o Bubbles
watch- Swatch
pink beads- Love eye candy
bag- Mom's
shoes- F-stop
XO.

8 comments:

  1. I was really disappointed with ur teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, we would love to read about it. Stay pretty! Belated happy birthday! :)


    http://xoxostrawberry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon- Hi! I know right? My dentist told me to get braces but I have to gain more weight or else I'll definitely look like a walking stick haha! :))

    Claudine- Thank you Claudine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome song choices to listen to on your special day :) love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But anyway, I still love ur style. Ur beautiful :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thank you Anon for still thinking that way about me, flaws and all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...