Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Househusband Press Conference

Christmas is a few days away and so is the MMFF! I'm sure some of you are excited for this year's line up of Filipino movies. Well, I do hope you support our very own, 'coz I do! And speaking of Filipino movies, last Saturday 50+bloggers were invited to My Househusband's Press Conference at Guilly's Timog. Let me show you what transpired that day through these photos! :)
 The early birds.
  
 Before the presscon started, we were served delicious food by Guilly's of course!
 Hosts for the day Melai and Shalala! Ang bongga lang ni Melai!
Ryan Agoncillo, Judy Ann Santos, Eugene Domingo, Rocco Nacino, and Ellen Adarna were introduced at last!
 Bloggers of different niches actively participating in asking questions.
And because I am admittedly a fan of Juday (my entire family's quite fond of her actually), Ryan (because I think he's a great host although I might be biased 'coz he's an alum of my school and 'coz I dream of becoming a host on tv myself haha), Direk Joey (who wouldn't admire him? He's a great writer, a very opinionated person--in a good way--and has a real concern for Philippine TV and film industry. Read his article on Rogue Magazine's October 2011 Entertainment Issue!), and their films, I couldn't possibly miss my chance to ask a question! I asked the couple what made them trust Direk Joey and his vision as a director. I mean, it was interesting to hear why they like collaborating with him, considering the fact that Direk Joey also directed the other two films (namely: Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo and Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo) the couple starred in.

Ryan: We've worked with him numerous times already, he is a master of the middle class and I like that about him and he has integrity. Si Direk Joey kasi alam mong hindi lang sya gumagawa ng movie para lang makagawa, alam mo yun. And he's done 65 films and has bagged reputable awards. 
Judy Ann: Syempre ba't hindi mo naman pagkakatiwalaan si Direk Joey diba? His stories are real and relatable. We're just so honored to be working with him all these years.
They were also asked to give an advice to showbiz couples. Ryan said: I think this is not just for showbiz couples but to any couple. When things get rough, go back to the reason why you became friends. Juday: Honesty is the best policy talaga. It's also important to laugh at your mistakes.
But I guess the question that really struck me was the one asked by a showbiz reporter. "What is the difference between a presscon with bloggers and reporters?". 

Judy Ann: "Mas nakakakaba ang mga bloggers. At nakaka-tense dahil seryoso sila at alam mong gusto nila ng diretsong sagot sa mga tanong! Alam mo kasi kapag sa tv reporters parang bakla-an lang ang sagot kasi kakilala mo nadin sila".
Eugene:  "Alam niyo kasi sa totoo lang mas mahirap talaga ang presscon kesa sa pag-shoot. Oh diba nakakaloka? Kita niyo na ang difference ng blogger sa reporter?"

Puring-puri lang kami. Chos! Haha! But really, it was so touching to hear that they think of us that way and know that they take us seriously. 
The presscon was fun and informative lang talaga. We were laughing the whole time but at the same time we were learning something new from these artists. It was also a plus that I got to hear these esteemed actors talk about their craft with a passion that will make you admire them even more. :)

Thank you to Bloggers United for organizing the presscon and to Octoarts Films and the My Househusband cast and team for having us! We truly enjoyed every bit of it!

photo credits: Nicole Santos and Me
 XO.

2 comments:

  1. You need to participate in a contest for among the finest blogs on the web. I'll advocate this web site!
    [url=http://acnetreatments250.blinkweb.com/]Acne home remedies[/url]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...