Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Scar and Perri

"Twice in her life she had mistaken something else for it; it was like seeing somebody in the street who you think is a friend, you whistle and wave and run after him, and it is not only not the friend, but not even very like him. A few minutes later the real friend appears in view, and then you can't imagine how you ever mistook that other person for him. She was now looking upon the authentic face of love, and she knew it, but it frightened her. That it should come so casually, so much by a series of accidents, was frightening." 
~ Nancy Mitford, The Pursuit of Love

On Waterloo Bridge, where we said our goodbyes,
The weather conditions bring tears to my eyes.
I wipe them away with a black woolly glove
And try not to notice I've fallen in love."
~ Wendy Cope, After the Lunch

The poem and excerpt found above are just lovely, noh? First encountered them last Thursday night while watching The Delicious Miss Dahl, a new cooking show, on The Lifestyle Network (originally aired on BBC2). The theme of that episode was romance and Sophie Dahl read those in between the actual cooking parts. I loved it. It was a lovely episode. The show had that air of nostalgia, romance and a vintage/old hollywood/so bloody English feel that I really like. Haha! If you must know, I love watching baking/cooking shows and my current faves are Everyday Italian, Barefoot Contessa, At Home with Giada and now this. I'm far from becoming a domestic goddess but these past few weeks I've been doing a lot of cooking and simple baking. I've run out of new books to read so I resorted to playing the piano and baking/cooking to keep me sane and stress-free. I'm a worry-er and very neurotic you see so doing all these are very important if I want the skin on my fingers to stay intact and not bleeding (I fiddle restlessly and pick on my thumbs' skin when I'm nervous w/c is most of the time, unfortunately).

Anyway, I love outfits like this. Preppy, androgynous, monochromatic and still feminine. This look was actually inspired by this photo on my tumblr (follow me btw!). When my mom saw me wearing this she said I looked like I was ready to traipse down the streets of London. And that's exactly what I felt like doing in this and when I saw that photo.

PS. Scar is short for Scarlet April (I'd like to think of her as my alter-ego) and Perri is short for Perriwether. If dear Perri is actually reading this...well, Scar misses and remembers you. Just thought their names went well with today's theme. :)

sheer blouse- WAGW
jeans- Lee
brogues- custom-made
satchel- Parisian Jr.
bow- from Ara
XO.

11 comments:

  1. i love the bowler hat and bows!:) too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat! Where's it from?

    Cute look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh i love every single piece here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonessa,
    You look fab my dear! Fab! :) Love how you put everything together. Gosh I'm so jealous how oxfords look great on you. They don't look that great on me though! See you in the next shoot! :)

    hearts,
    Melai of Style and Soul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ava! :)

    Yna, it's actually my little sister's. SM lang. :)

    Rizza, thank you so much! :)

    Melai! Aww thank youuu! But i saw you wearing your navy pair last time and i thought it looked great on you too! See you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Anon! Wish you posted your name too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You pretty much said what i could not effectively communicate. +1

    My blog:
    rachat de credit www.rachatdecredit.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cute is this!!!!! love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...