Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Good Distraction

These past few weeks I learned that being stuck at home (doing papers all day long) won't keep you away from shopping (nyaha and you thought steering clear from malls would help you with that shopping ban eh?) and that retail therapy is always effective when you are down with a mild case of depression.

Being stuck at home with nothing but my papers to talk to (yes, I'm a sad kid like that) and with a lot of things on my mind lately, it's no wonder I'd been so depressed. And since my eyes were practically glued to the computer screen and my butt to my chair for weeks, I had all the time in the world to go online shopping. Behold, my latest acquisitions from the online shopping world (except the shoes, swimsuit and MAC brush set)! Haha! Oooh yeah, the perfect distraction from all my paperwork.
Orange pumps to brighten up a gloomy day, neon yellow leopard print swimwear that (somehow) reminds me of Katy Perry and black satchel all from the place of affordable yet stylish things that is SM Department Store (haha!). Chambray button down from F-STOP, boater hat from Trinkets Royale, turbans from Flatterbuy and 24 pcs. brush set from my good friend Meli. Friday night, my gals and I attended the Deals Dozen launching at Member's Only where I finally met stylish Neil & Jonard Palteng, Joma Bernardo and Ms. Joanna Ladrido. Lovely night though I could've enjoyed it better if I weren't too sleep deprived and tired 'coz of school or if Rachelle and I got a wee bit tipsy from the cocktails that we sipped, but alas mine tasted like Listerine or toothpaste dissolved in water while hers tasted like dirt. Haha! Guess we won't be ordering Manhattan and Sweet Martini next time and just settle for good 'ole Sex on the Beach instead. Haha! =))

That's it for now. 'Til the next post my lovelies!

photo credits: Neil Palteng

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR SM finds! hehe and I know the skirt you are wearing on Members Only hehe! I hope to meet you soon Jonessa! Since madalas ka naman sa trinoma, why not we meet some other time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. too bad i wasn't able to meet you girls that night :( was too tired to go as far as members, but you girls look really lovely! I also like your SM hauls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. denise- hihi yes bought this skirt at tomato! :)) Yes, denise i'm practically always there, i would like to meet you too in person! :)

    ava- yes, i was hoping to meet you too eh. sayang. anyhoo, im sure i'll see you soon! thank youuuu ava! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. like like like to your orange pumps! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should really go to SM na! So sad I wasn't able to go to the Deals Dozen event.. maybe we could see each other next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun night! Love that orange pumps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your great finds sa SM esp the swimsuit, super love! the orange pumps is so cool too, the best color to contrast your blue skirt! <3

    Love,
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  8. queen e- thank you!:)

    channie- yes you should def go to SM naaaa! naloka ako sa daming cheap but chic finds!!! :)) yes, dear next time. :)

    nettie- thank you! it was indeed a fun night. :)

    mickey- thank youuuuu! so glad you like my finds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. retail therapy and partying is always good! im following you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. online shopping is quite addicting, i agree! and fun photos of the event ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jonessa! I just followed you. HAHA! :) I adore the siwmsuit! :) Stay pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you ching, hazel and ate nikki! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the outfits! I'm following your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...