Friday, April 8, 2011

Color My Life With The Chaos of Trouble

Once again, I got my scissors and cut cut cut my mom's vintage button-down without her knowing. I think it looks more interesting now. Tried a subtler version of the color blocking trend which is so HOT this SUMMER. Haha get it? HOT and...SUMMER. Okaaay, I'm so corny. HAHAHA! Sorry I can't help it, I'm just so happy that I'm officially on break! Le sigh...I feel much chipper and optimistic now that I'm done with this term. All those paperwork burned me out and left me uninspired I guess. So...back to the outfit. I'm wearing my mom's vintage beige/nude button-down which I DIY-ed, resurrected these neon pink skinny jeans that was in vogue back then (yes, I was gaga over colored jeans before oh c'mon admit it you bought it in every possible color too, right? HAHA), and finished the look with these bright orange pumps from SM. I'm also trying out the orange lipstick. I think it's perfect for summer. It just adds that beach-y, goddess-y glow to your complexion. :)
On a totes different note, I came across this photo of my mom when she was my age and I can't help but squeal with delight when I saw her wearing these immaculate white wide-leg jeans and carrying a super cool fold-able clutch! I've been wanting to add these two staples in my closet! Too bad she didn't keep these items.

After I got past noticing her outfit, I suddenly felt weird seeing her looking this young. Just so weird to know that my mom was once a teenager too. Haha! Anyhoo, I posted this on my FB and my friends kept on commenting that I look like her and that we have the same figure. (Really?!) So I showed the pic and my friends' comments to my mom and you know what she said? She said: "Yes I once had the same figure but you don't have...boobs". Uh-huh, those were the words of my mother. She smugly told me that and laughed at me. My jaw just dropped and I yelled at her for wounding my vanity. HAHAHA!

Oh mom. She is indeed very beautiful. Inside and out. I love her no matter what.



XO.

15 comments:

  1. Aww your mom does look like you! and fashionable siya, may i add!:) hehe but too bad she didn't keep the wide legged pants :( love what you did to the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sooo look like your mom! you're both super pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. like mother like daughter! :) you both look great!! :)

    Love,
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh! love your outfit. very daring. loove your shoes. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pink + orange combi! You and your mom look so much alike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes i also agree... you're like a reincarnation of your mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're mom was such a fashionista! love the outfit and the diy. colored pants were really hot before too, like two to three years ago ata then now it's back on trend. i feel sooo bad that i gave mine away and cut some to short, shorts.. argh!

    love the shoes so much as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with your Mom's Button-down! :>

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahah. i totally agree about the colored skinny jeans part! haha . i got it in 4 diff. colors! whattheheck!:)) love the color blocking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are downright gorgeous, and so is your mom! Now I know where you got your flair for fashion. :) Nice job with the blouse, btw.

    Mars of fashion insouciance

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you soooo much for the awesome comments! will try to visit each of your blogs! thanks again girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your pink pants and orange shoes ! I'm gonna wear blue pants in my next post :)


    xxx



    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww mom and daughter moments! =) love your take on the color blocking trend btw :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...