Thursday, November 25, 2010

Then and Now

Sorry for my week long absence, I've been a bit busy in school and I haven't had the time to take outfit photos. For now though, I'm going to take a trip down "fashion" memory lane and show you photos of me when I was just a teeny creature and put them alongside latest photos of me because Denise of Simone's Fashion Closet awarded me with her Fashionista Friend Award. Thanks so much Denise! :)
Show me a fashionable photo of you when you were a kid, and a fashionable photo of you in present time, and tell me how you've changed over the years.

It's supposed to be just one "kid pic" of me and one latest photo but since I don't have any outfit posts yet, I decided to make a "long post" out of this award/challenge. :)

While leafing through my childhood photo albums, I couldn't help but be surprised at the photos that I saw because most of what I was wearing were really girly and frilly, what with the ruffled socks and tiered dresses that I wore back then, but what surprised me the most was the fact that I wore A LOT of red. I didn't even notice it then until I came upon these photos. Hey, I'm not called "Scarlet" April for nothing. Haha!

(wearing red gowns for a school pageant in nursery and for my debut)
("Galit ang nanay ko sa polbo kaya mukha akong espasol nung bata ako. Hahaha!")
I remember wearing this hat a lot and pairing it with my frilly dresses. Funny, I don't seem to own hats now that I'm all grown up. Haha!
...and here are some of my latest photos. I can't explain how my style has evolved over the years so I'm just going to let the pictures speak for themselves. Haha! One thing's for sure though, I owe my love for fashion from my mom. She's the one who dressed me up with those cute 'lil dresses and first got me interested in fashion when I was just a child, opened my eyes to the splendor of it and served as my first style icon and inspiration.
Wow, I can't believe I was that girly and very much into dresses when I was a child! However, as I grew older and got more and more insecure with my legs (I find them too thin), I stopped wearing cute little dresses and resorted to wearing jeans instead. All throughout high school I was a jeans person. If you must know, I'm more comfortable wearing jeans than skirts and that I just started wearing skirts and dresses again when I started this blog and got into college. So yeah, I'm really grateful for this blog of mine for helping me overcome some of my insecurities (i.e. my legs). So thank y'all so much for appreciating it. Your support means sooo much to me. :)

'Til the next post!
Scarlet April xx

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...