Monday, August 16, 2010

Nightie with the Girlies

Long overdue post! :) Wore this out on a date with mi girlies last last Friday I think. I was actually going for a deconstructed, sort of post-apocalyptic look with this shirt and so I paired it with acid washed skinnies and blinged out with my silver accessories. It was then that I realized that my direction (in styling it) was starting to veer away from that look due to the silver accessories ( I thought it was more on the rocker chick side). So I abandoned my first peg and just went for the rocker chick look and when it was time for me to grab the perfect bag and saw this yellow bag while rummaging through my mom’s closet, I knew I had to incorporate it into the whole look and make this colorful contrast with the blues in my outfit. I was actually going for that messy look, but in the end my personality pushed me in this direction and I came up with a look that’s somewhat messy in a rocker way but still very girly and neat what with the fishtail plaits, the pink lips, and bright yellow bag. But what the hell? This outfit was so me. :)

Trying out the pink lipstick. :*

Wearing: Shirt from Mental, sequined shoes from So! F.A.B., acid wash jeans from Oxygen, bag from my mom's closet, necklace from The Ramp. :)

These photos were taken when me and my HS girlfriends went out on a Friday night to watch Inception. However, because Debbie had to be in by 9:30pm at her dorm (too early right?), and we all met at around 7pm at the mall, we weren't able to catch the film showing of the movie which won't conflict with her sched. So instead, we just ate dinner together and spent the night catching up on things.

Ah, I miss these girlies. We rarely see each other anymore 'coz of the conflicting schedules that we all have due to uni life. I miss those times back in high school, when we were always together every night at the McDonald's near our school. We'd chat for long hours and never seem to run out of stories and gossips to tell (even though we see each other and eat at Mcdo after school hours EVERY DAY to the extent that sometimes we tire of eating Mcdo food already haha!) and laugh so hard until the guards approach us to remind us to keep it down and then stay there until 10pm (classes end at 4:20pm)! Good times. Ah, happy and yet painful-to-think-about-memories.


Much Love,
ScarletApril xx

7 comments:

  1. Your jeans from Oxygen, are they jeggings? I tried a pair that kinda looks like that the other day, kaya lang hindi talaga bagay sa akin ang light-colored jeans. They look good on you.

    Nice outfit and your hair do, aylavet! :D

    Lee [spunkandglam.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, you look great <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving that top and the splash of yellow ! looks so naturally stylish . keep it up , found your blog on weardrobe by the way. we will be back !

    Greetings from Ireland.
    xoxo

    Fifi and Niamh ( The WardrobeWars Girls)
    hope you stop by some time , would love to hear your opinions and follow if you like what you see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shirt :) I love mental they have some weird stuff over there. :)

    hearts,
    Melai of Style and Soul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing bag! love the outfit and beautiful pictures! following you now:)))

    follow me www.elekonchicboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @lee- thankssss lee!:) nope, they're not jeggings eh.

    @shen- thanks dear!:)

    @wardrobewars- really? you found my blog through weardrobe? how did that happen? hmm. :)hey guys, thanks for dropping by and for the sweet comment!:)

    @melai- true!!! weird but def unique pieces don't you think? :)

    @elekon- thanks for following honey! followed you back alreadY!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. youre so beautiful jossa.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...