Saturday, July 24, 2010

Colors To Brighten Up A Gloomy Day

Howdy! Long time no...err, post eh? The past weeks have been such a pain and it's far from being over.

This is what I wore earlier today when I went out with my mom. I braved the rain for this outfit post, thank God my camera didn't get wet! It's life is much more important than mine! Being a CommArts student teaches you that. Haha! Anyhoo, I chose to wear something colorful today because I refused to let the rain dampen my spirit.


Can't help but laugh while shooting 'coz there were some random people who'd stop to look. :D

Sitting down to get a nice shot...

...and then regretted doing it after I stood up and got a wet butt. Haha!

(photo credits: Mama. Thanks for braving the rain with me!)

This outfit post is somehow symbolic of what I've been feeling these past couple of days. Last night, I cried my eyes out which resulted to very chinky and swollen eyes hence the smoky eye make-up in this post but damn I forgot to take close-ups so you couldn't quite see it. My eyes hurt and I'm feeling sleepy as I'm typing this so...pardon me if this post presents you with a plethora of typos and grammatical errors. I will proofread this after a nap which I sooo need right about now. Hee. I've been feeling really sad lately and last night was one of those nights wherein I just bursted out crying. It's got something to do with the school stress and...fashion. Yes, I cried about fashion. Haha! It's just that, I'm so pissed for being stuck in a fashion rut and for feeling so uninspired lately. I miss the excitement and the thrill that I get when I'm all dressed up for something. Lately, I find it so hard to dress up for school because I commute from Q.C. to Taft, Manila and I don't wanna attract unwanted attention which COULD put me in an uncomfortable situation and in turn jeopardize my life. Due to this, I feel like I'm sacrificing fashion for this. I know it sounds petty but fashion is something that I truly love and passionate about.

On a lighter and unrelated note, I finally got to watch INCEPTION yesterday with mama and I must say, it was AWESOME! To those who haven't seen it yet, go WATCH it NOW!!! :))

(WOW, what a bipolar post! Haha!)

Much Love,
ScarletApril xx

10 comments:

  1. cute!!!!i love the rain JER:) let's have a shoot while raining :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this simple but very chic outfit on you. Don't think about it too much dear. Don't be frustrated about it. Fashion will always be there. Tama lang, don't sacrifice fashion over safety, over comfort. You'll have lots of time to dress up, events will start rolling over! :)

    Melai of Style and Soul

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really have a good taste on clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice pictures...during the rain also can take good pictures...great...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your outfit.. such vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ en- thanks ERJ. :)

    @malai- aww, thank you so much for your comment, i really appreciate it! thanks melai! :)

    @yowa- aww, thanks dear!:)

    @linda- thank you glad you like 'em!

    @cherie- thanks dear!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the combination of yellow and blue!=) and i admire you for being able to pose so gracefully under the rain like that!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your rainy photoshoot! Plus your shoes are so pretty! Your always pretty as expected sis!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just how adorable are you? i love how fun & cute your outfit is!!! your shoes are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pics in the rain, you look gorgeous in that outfit.
    Love your style, love your blog.
    Colin.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...