Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Paper Companions

Ok, I have slowed down on the outfit post updates because 1.) I've nowhere to go 2.) my friends are somewhat busy--with school, yes even though it's already our vacay--and it's really bumming me out 'coz I need to get out more and I miss them terribly (guys, do you hear me calling?) and 3.) all I've been doing is reading and playing paperdolls the whole week! Haha!

I know, I know I just turned 18 and yet I'm still playing paperdolls. I guess this is one of those things which I will never outgrow. And I'm not complaining. Haha! My cousin who's visiting me from Laguna never fails to crack me up when we play this. We'd suddenly acquire this fake and high-pitched British Accents while playing and we'd end up laughing the entire time!

Currently reading Cecily von Ziegesar's GossipGirl Prequel ('coz finally, I finished reading the entire series!) It Had To Be You.

This paperdoll has been lying around for years now since I never really got around to playing it until now. I remember I looked forward to going to Fullybooked at Powerplant Mall back when I was younger just so I could convince my mom to buy me these. :D

Here are the poised and lovely dress-up dolls...

On a totally different but still fashion-related note, my haircolor has turned red now and I'm hatin' it. My hair's supposed to be the color of Revlon's Soft Dark Brown! Ok, sorry for the pointless ranting...Haha!

Halo-halo and pansit for merienda (how very Filipino, don't you think?).


Day two of playing my 40's inspired paperdoll...

Bacon and pancakes in the afternoon...YUM!

My fave! Bacon! Oh God, I could never tire of eating it. Just looking at it again makes my mouth water! Haha!

I wish I had this many clothes...

I love love love that Balenciaga coat worn by the doll at the right.

What they'd be wearing on a cruise...

and cycling and heading out for groceries...

I guess there really is no age limit to playing paperdolls (ehem!) especially if one loves Fashion so much...or not. Fashion connoisseurs, paperdoll enthusiasts and historians even, will surely love this type of paperdoll. :)

I promise to get back to posting outfit posts soon!

xoxo dears,
ScarletApril

9 comments:

  1. Wow the paper dolls are nice! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the sweet comments lee!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. at last, someone with an interesting blogs. i love your paperdolls. and your pancit. :)

    http://nouveauskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @KC- haha! howdy! thanks! glad to know you find my blog interesting.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love gossip girl and you're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those dolls. they are really amazing. visit me on my blog: asterisque5.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, paper dolls <3 I probably play with them more now than I did when I was little! This is why my friends think I'm lame :/

    I love your blog! (im following) its actually so cute and full of inspiration, LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!

    have a superdooper weekend XD

    Emilie xox

    fromahappieangle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @danielle- thanks dear! :D
    @sassi- thank you! glad you love them. :)
    @emilie- whew! it's good to know that it's not only me who's still playing it. :D oh and thanks so much for your sweet comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No wonder. You have lovely vintage paper dolls! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...